View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #149
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

memory like a steel trap my friend haha.

those snub gmcs are hard to find for sure, that one had a pontiac 336 v8 in it. I will let you know if he ever sells but I bet its like the guys on that picker show, sometimes they just like showing it all off.

got the front clip standing on its own with the mounts tacked in. drug that hood I found in the back yard to the front and used air pressure to liberate the spiders. it still had hinges and springs on it, and the hood bolts backed right out! I took that as a good sign and test fit it.

a little high in the middle/back, probably out of shape from laying around. I got this hood with a buttload of parts from Mike in Salina years ago and totally forgot it was in the back yard until I moved the s10 bedliner to take to the dump!

also the fender body line doesnt look level to the cab, but its because the door is slightly open.

the wheel alignment is perfect now, the cab was slightly back. I tried shoving it around but like most times you try shoving something bigger than you it didnt really like it, I needed a slow steady push. so since I have all these s10 jacks laying around I decided to modify one, usually they have a round bump on top to lift on a special dimple on the frame, but that made it useless as a jack for anything else, so I cut the bump off and used a piece of scrap from the plasma table to make it useful once again.

I put it between the bed mount and the cab, low enough to push at the floor seam and sloooooooowly cranked it till the cab had moved a 1/4", which worked perfect!

tomorrow there is a swap meet and I need to go pick up the black bed from travis tomorrow evening so I can get it set on, maybe saturday?
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote