View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 07:42 PM   #1449
jocko

Re: Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?

I'd leave it just like it is to sell - odds are the potential buyer could care less and would pay the same price regardless (unless, of course, the buyer is a discerning member of this august board...) - so you could be throwing money into it for nothing. Btw, I don't see YG8 (Pkg C) on the SPID, so appears to just have the plaid seat, which was available without getting a Pkg A, B, C etc. Doesn't matter though, has very nice options so the package doesn't matter.

I know everyone's circumstances are different, and trust me when I tell you that life got in the way and I've sold a few I wish I could get back - but a real swb Highlander in Custom Two Tone 557 is a very, very nice piece of history to hold onto, even without the original engine (currently painted as a 466 Deluxe Two Tone). If you have the option, I'd sure hang onto that one and restore it someday. But completely understand, sometimes ya gotta sell - I only mention it since you said it's your first classic - that's a good first classic to have, and to hang onto (ok, ok, I'm partial to 557 paint... )
Good luck either way - if you decide to sell, it will go fast, it's a nice one.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote