View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
viking427

Re: So I bought this K5 that someone started to convert to 2wd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
The front has a stock front crossmember bolted(loosely) in, and the rear it has the 4wd six lug axle flipped on top of the leafs... So heres my questions....
-Opinions on putting the truck arm suspension in the rear... I just wanna get it to sit right an cruise it!
-to get it to sit right on a modern set of 20s what is a good amount of drop for the front and still have a decent ride? ( I know rear will be experimenting because of the leafs.
-since 6 lug rotors are available and 6 lug wheels are alot more popular due to all late model chevy trucks and tahoes are six lug.... are the offsets on the late model wheels gonna work or be too narrow?
-this truck is in need of a rear patch panel and a drivers floor section,seems blazer stuff doesnt really exist.What can I use?

The stock 67-72 C10/Blazer/Suburb 2wd coil spring 12 bolt rear is what you want. It rides (and can be made to ride) much nicer than leafs and they're still plentiful. 67-70 2wd were 6 lugs, 71/72 were 5 lug. 6 lug will limit your wheel choices somewhat, lotsa guys change to the 71/72 5 lugs for this reason. No, the late model 6 lug wheels wont fit, too deep on the backside & the wheel tucks in too far ..looks silly even with spacers to make them fit. stock wheels with correct offset/backspace thatll work for you are 67-87. 2/4 drop should be all you need for 20's. 67-72 GM truck (C10/20/K10/20/Blazer/Jimmy/Burb) for your floor patches, 69-72 blazer for your rear patch (due to differences in curvature of panel in that location). 2 wd and 4 wd frames are different and a fair amount of changover will be needed (adding crossmembers, bracing) to convert it to 2wd. Id probably keep the 4wd frame & leaf setup if you just want to fix it up a bit for a low buck cruiser.
viking427 is offline   Reply With Quote