View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #160
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

One step forward, two steps back. I reinstalled the box this afternoon and took a picture to illustrate just how much room there is between the top of the battery and the floor.

My plan was to hang the fuel tank now that I am more or less done with the battery, but that got changed in a hurry. I had the tank stored outside the carport on the north side of the house. It was under the eave of the roof and upright. The fuel pump module was installed and the filler neck and hoses were also connected. I felt certain it was protected from the weather, but found the tank contained 15+ gallons of water. The pump module was not good, as far as I knew and was going to be replaced, but I thought it would seal the hole in the top of the tank. Instead, it let the rain water in and began rusting apart inside the plastic tank. I drained and vacuumed the water out, but I can't install the tank now until I have a new pump module to seal the hole, as the bed doesn't have a floor in it to deflect the rain.

-Joe