View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: $459 for rear CST side panels?

These are Blazer only,that`s why they`re fairly expensive.Compare to a door panel,which is much smaller to begin with.They are the same on a Blazer,Panel truck,Suburban,P/U,Cab`n`Chassis,10-60 series.The first generation Blazers were only made 4 years with more than one design and only a portion were CSTs.It`s a low production restoration part,not a service part.It`s not like you "need" them.If you want them bad enough,they are the only way to have a really fine stock interior and they will help increase the value of a Blazer/Jimmy to a higher level.They are large and delicate,$28 from California sounds resonable.Guys that are in this fairly limited specialty market need to make money to keep supplying us.I understand sticker shock.But if you think about it,it`s not unreasonable.Look what people pay for bucket seats or buddy buckets that need rebuilt & covers.Look what a pair of restored buckets & console go for,a new dash pad,or a reproduction steering wheel.To me it`s all in line,not cheap.I wonder if that $9,500 K/5 you posted would be worthy of the expense of these panels.I hope I`m not offending,I`m just answering a question,giving some perspective,and defending a board vendor a little,too.Where would we be w/o them?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-08-2006 at 09:22 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote