View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #135
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Well went to alignment shop down in Brookings OR (80 mile round trip). Shop said whoever installed the brand new Pittman arm installed it wrong and was not seated properly. They tried to fix it, but no and wouldn't align it. (Tell me again about how wonderful pothead mechanics are) Anyway, and more importantly I noticed the automatic electric fan wasn't running and barely made it home without stopping (all 40 miles!!). At home it went up in smoke when shunted around circuit breaker.

I posted for help picking a new fan and got some good advice. The best being replace with same type and kind!! Got a brand new OEM 1995 Taurus fan. Copied some small relief cuts i made in back in 1996!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And installed. Due to memory loss i finally remembered the guys saying this was the best hod rod fan ever!

Heres a short video that says it all. So if youre looking for a fan to fit a OEM AD radiator this may work for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSN42EOTC_o

Its a two speed but run it on high with a 60 amp relay. With its built in shroud it sucks hard and will blow your hat off!! Best part was under $60 shipped, from a private seller who only had the one. Also cheep on rock auto Can highly recommend this one as it served me well for 25 years and really does the job. Forget that other junk. Thanks all.
Attached Images

vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote