View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
danheit

"I promise Hun, I just got it to resell......"

Soooo.......as I'm sure you can gather, I have purchased another C10. Not too bad, this is only the second one at the house currently.....to go along with MY other 6 cars (yeah, the HOA hates me).

Long story short, this is a Craigslist find. Picked it up just outside Jacksonville, NC. Guy was asking $800, got there and it wasn't what he said. I really didn't want to drive back 3 hours empty handed, offered him $500, and we came to a deal!

This truck is going to be a pure patina/ratrod build. I already have a pretty 71 C10, and a 73 Nova that's going to get a nice treatment. This guy is getting made safe, roadworthy, and getting driven. Oh yeah, I promised my wife that I bought it to turn around and resell, so I could make extra $$ to fund the Nova project......which was originally purchased to resell and make $$ to work on my 71.......etc.

Fuel tank was trash, found a 12 gallon aluminum RCI tank on CL for $65. Yes please!
Brake m/c was trashed. Had a brand new spare m/c for the 73 Nova sitting there--direct bolt up, and is drum/drum. Just have to redo the lines.
Needs 4 tires......still looking
Needs just about all pass. side sheet metal, and driver floor extension and rocker. Top Banana will get that one eventually

Pics:

1979 Jeep CJ7 - Build date on the day I was born! -Keeper
2004 Expedition - Family Hauler
2007 Accord - Wife's around towner; I have more but not enough lines to post them!
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote