View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 10:42 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: Pertronix ignitor II installed, have questions

If the resistor has screws to hold the wire terminal I'd just use the screw on the switch side of the resistor as a connection post and leave the resistor in place for when the Pertronix craps out and you put a stock distributor back in it.

Those things work when they work and work well as long as they work but if you don't use everything in the ignition setup that they tell you to use exactly as they tell you to do it they can be short lived. That means that if they say use a certain set of plug wires use that set, if they specify plugs use those plugs.

There are two "help I am broke down on the road" types of threads on the HAMB that you see over and over again. The most common is that a Pertronix ign failed. Second is that a generator failed in the middle of nowhere and they are stuck in some berg on the side of the highway with no generator within 300 miles.

That said I am pretty sure that the 350 in my boat has been converted to one and I make sure that my boat towing insurance is paid in full.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote