Thread: 1967 Chevelle
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
jmking9

1967 Chevelle

I'm starting to get to work on my 67 Chevelle, so I figured I would start up a build thread. I have been looking for a nice 66 or 67 for several years, but hadn't had much luck. But about a year ago, I came across this one on Craigslist. It's a really clean 67 Malibu that had buckets and a console automatic. The previous owner had it for 14 years. He had already replaced both full quarters, inner/outer wheelhouses, and repaired the package tray area(almost always rotted on these cars). So, for the most part, there isn't any rust repair that needs done. It came with a ton of new parts including all new interior pieces. It has a pretty mild 350 with a th350 trans and a high geared, open 10 bolt rearend.
My goal is to make it a car that's equally as fun to drive, as it is comfortable. While I enjoy driving my truck alot, I don't really consider it an exciting experience with the mild small block and auto. So while i'm still on the fence as far as what engine I want to run in this car, It will most certainly be a stick shift. It will either be a tko600 or a t56. Over the past year, I've been accumulating some of the parts for this build. But in the year I've had it, I really havn't had time to do anything to it other than a few little things. Even without the glass, I would still take it up and down our road from time to time. This will still be a really slow process since I will be doing all the work myself as time allows. Heres some pictures of when I brought it home.
Attached Images