View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #24
special-K
Special Order

Re: Why aren't classic Suburbans "popular"??

Wagoneers bring good money because so few survived compared to Suburbans. Afterall, they aren't Chevys! All the Jeep trucks and Wagoneers, as well as Cherokees, are notorious for rotting out and being Edsels for parts. AM was grabbing parts from all over the place, plus I goubt Chrysler cared about assuring parts were available for the ones they didn't build. That, plus Mopar parts support sucks, or sure used to back when these were made. Most people, including me, loved the unchanged body hanging on so long with the Wagoneer, yet their bad reputation kept them from owning one. They went through low resale value before they became classic, so many were beat on and junked.

I think it all comes down to lower production numbers and less monkey see monkey do factor

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote