Thread: low budget 64
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #32
McMurphy

Re: low budget 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznfb View Post
Thanks McMurphy......Your right this project belonged to a friend and his son. His son lost interest and it sat for around 4 years then i got it. So far for me its been 2 years in april. I just build one part at a time.As for the motor its a small block 350. I pull it out of a junk car. The guage cluster panel is sheet metal that i painted. Now for me the hard part is the body work ...Im learning as I go...Im going for the satin black look. last I have dmv to deal with. Im hopeing I can drive it this summer.
That is awesome, too bad about the son losing interest. I dig it when young kids get into these classics. If they dont, then these will fade away and they will be gone forever.

I have the same size motor as you do then, I pulled out of a '85 Sierra. I will probably be asking you a ton of questions what you did, got, and how you did it or where you got it....

Like:
What headers are those?
Is that an Edlebrock carb and Performer intake?

I am with you on building one part at a time. I have 4 shelves full now of stuff I have tinkered with that is ready for the reassembly phase of what I am doing.

Keep it up, I dig the photos !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1

Last edited by McMurphy; 03-12-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: more words added
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote