Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #88
Denee007

Worked on other stuff than engine compartment

I welded up some other holes in the passenger compartment, then looked at the long seam/ridge, whatever it's called, and where the battery was, after hitting that part with a 120 grit disc, a bunch of holes showed themselves, then I got uninterested in that idea of smoothing the upper panel of the firewall out, at least for now. Looks Like I'd be best to cut the entire flat portion of the firewall out, and weld in new metal, but darn that sounds like a lot of work!
meanwhile in the Batwoman cave~
I never noticed how weak my floor was, until it hit me, Orrie said "do not cut those sills!", well I did not cut them, they were cut already and pretty screwy the way whomsoever did it!

So, I used some scrap from some floor pans and welded that access up! now the floor is quite solid! I'm happy! I'll put a new access when I decide where the mc/pb will be down below. I did order another tranny crossmember from brothers that should be better, or more appropriate for what I'm trying to achieve. it was on sale for 50 bucks, almost half price! ; )

I played with my mock up engine, putting my new brackets on (Alan Groves stuff). I just need exhaust manifolds or headers to be more precise. If I'm satisfied, do I have these pieces powder coated, or do I just paint them? or is chroming something to contemplate?? My mock up engine is so neat!
I Had a great day today! Feeling good!
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote