View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 06:05 PM   #91
Ekliptix

Re: My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coursey View Post
I am getting ready to do the same install in about a week.

Any pre-advice?

Truck looks awesome.
I've already forgotten some of the heartaches of the install. Grinding off the rear rivets to install the new upper shock mount was by far the step that required the most patience. Once you've done that, the rest seems easy. Getting the brake caliper spreader is another tool you'll need. I took the install on leaving a lot of time for myself and without a ton of mechanical experience.

If you get stuck or find the instructions leaving out details, feel free to post here and I'll share my input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zicc1835 View Post
interesting that this thread got reserected today ...because i was talking to a freind TODAY about installing my ECE kit actually i bought a bag set up recently ( from another board member)so in the rear at least I'm gonna use bags instead of the 6 inch drop springs any advice on this would be appreciated. Can someone also tell me do the top ECE shock relocater brackets bolt into the rivet wholes that the originals where in....i should mention i bought my kit from another board member about 2 years ago and have not even opened those boxes to look for directions
Yes, you use the original rivet holes in the frame to mount the ECE upper shock relocate bracket. Photo on page 2. PM me your email if you want a copy of the install directions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
It turned out great. What size tires are you running?
BFG 275/60/15. I believe the front tires are a bit too wide and rub on the inner fender over some bumps. I'd go a bit more narrow on the fronts next time.
Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote