View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #3
RDrancher

Re: '64 LB Fleet to Stepper

My 14 year old stepson had fallen in love with the '60-'66 body styles, so when I got the two trucks we were both pretty excited to have found two to choose from. Just like the previous owner's boy, he wanted to swap out the longbed's parts and build the shorty. After a few days of pondering the amount of work that was going to entail...he started falling in love with the green machine haha! So he and his older brother swapped out the damaged fender and hood with spares from the shorty and for some reason swapped the decent passenger side fender as well. I guess so the whole front end would match in black primer?...who knows. Anyway, unannounced and much to the surprise of my wife and I, the kid flew the coop, moving in with his Dad. Turns out that lawn mowing (or something to that effect) was a bit too much for the poor guy. Oh well.

So know that the truck is mine, it's gonna go long stepper. Here's a few photos with the newer front fenders and hood installed. The fenders are a similar green to the truck under the primer. That's cool.
Attached Images