View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 07:13 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: HF jack stand recall

I have always trusted my jack stands to do what they were made to do. I use jack stands instead of throwing tires, cinder blocks, or chunks of wood under there. Jack stands are meant to make working under a vehicle safer than held up with a jack. I'll leave the jack under there if it isn't in the way just for convenience, since I'll need it back there to lower. I only use well made professional quality units. I absolutely do try to buy American, not just say so. I've been doing that since before I ever saw any crap from China. I have the same USA made units I've had since before I ever heard of Harbor Freight. I don't buy much but I buy good. Some things just aren't worth the pennies saved

All you have to do is look at the pawl and notches and see that they engage well. They can't release unless the ratchet bar is lifted. I have never in all my years heard of a ratchet jack stand failing until these. I am still confident of my stands at this point

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-22-2020 at 07:59 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote