Thread: 55.2-59 Ol' Blue
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 07:30 PM   #57
8man

Re: Ol' Blue

Good news/bad news. The wife wanted a Cameo, and after looking into it, it was going to be a daunting task to get all the parts to change the 57 into a Cameo, especially with all the new parts for the step side that wouldn't be used, like the entire step side bed.

Then my luck changed, and last week a guy about an hour from me was selling the Cameo that his father-in-law had bought from his brother who had bought it new in 1955! Yes, a 2-owner truck.

The truck was driven to a shop to be painted 3 years ago. Unfortunately, Dad passed away and no one in the family wanted to finish the truck. Since the truck has sat for so long, some parts mysteriously disappeared, most importantly the entire tailgate. My buddy just bought the entire assembly, so I know it's available. However, there are NO rust holes, and only moderate surface rust on the underside, and the odometer shows 7,642 miles, which I know can't be right, but the truck is really solid.

So as of today, wish me well selling the 54 and the 57 while I concentrate on the 55 Cameo.

IMG_E1573 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

SISV1591 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr
TNSX7217 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

The cowl vent was gone as was the hood latch, one hood hinge, and the piece that goes over the grill. Other than that, it's all there!

I started working on the center bumper piece tonight, trying to get that hinge to loosen up a little. I'm not sure how the two studs on it secure it, but I'm sure someone on here does and will share a picture.
Build thread: "]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746899&highlight=wife%27s+48[/URL]
[/URL]http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=840204
8man is offline   Reply With Quote