Thread: My 69 Find
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
Hellbent
Don't blame the messenger

Re: My 69 Find

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5hart View Post
Welcome!! I saw that one on craigslist the other day and almost went and looked at it. I wondered how bad the rust was going to be. Don't get discouraged yet, these can be fixed. If you paid what the asking price was and it's mechanically sound you got a decent deal. As for the rust, check the firewall as well. Around the heater box and along the pinch weld area. If that's rusted I would say find a cab. I haven't been there in a long time, but a yard in St. George used to have some good trucks in it. I saw two a while ago off of 17 at yard going to Ravenel. I haven't been able to check anything out since time is limited with a new baby. They used to be all over Summerville and the country surrounding, they are just hidden in woods, sheds, and behind homes.

I"m in James Island by the way. Let me know if I can help you with anything. I'll keep an eye open for trucks and parts. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I'll subscribe to this thread to keep up with ya. Your in a good place for help. This board is great!!
Alright! A fellow Charlestonian! I was hoping someone in the area would see this. Yes, it's a craigslist special. Drove it home from Cross 2 weekends ago. Man, it's great to meet you. Thanks for replying!

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge while others just gargle."
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote