View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #36
imholte

Re: 1st Timer 72 Slow Build

Things have been pretty slow on working on the pickup. Its kinda hard to get things done on it when you live in an apartment.

I have been driving it everyday now to work, I just enjoy driving it. Took it to Les Schwabs today to have the upper and lower ball joints replaced, it was drifting all over the road. They just called me and told me my front brakes are toast and i need new rotors too. All in all the total price for the ball joints and brakes is going to be upwards of $900. Ouch. Wish I was still living in my rental house, my labor costs would be slightly cheaper than having them do it.

Also ordered some random parts from LMC, armrests, fan shroud parts, and little screws and small parts that need to be replaced.

Last month I took the steering column apart and replaced the turn signal lever and switch....got rid of my turn signal demons.

It seems like every time I start saving money to get something cool on the truck like new exhaust or rebuild the engine, something expensive pops up like the steering and brakes. Uggggh I wish I had about $5000 to drop on this truck right now to get it to a respectable point in the restoration.

Last edited by imholte; 05-03-2010 at 01:13 PM.
imholte is offline   Reply With Quote