View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #216
65ChevyC20

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

What a wealth of information, thanks for putting it all together in one place to read through.
I have a scenario I would like some input on.

As you can see from my screen name I have on of these. I want to to the front disk upgrade and have read through all the posts, WOW.

Driving by a wrecking yard today I noticed a 79 C20 being loaded onto the back of a flatbed. I flipped a u turn and inquired about the truck. The truck was stripped except for the front crossmember and all the suspension and brakes, a complete front end. I asked the guy if I could buy it and he said 50 bucks. I jumped on it as my time and effort of tracking down all the parts or pulling them off a truck in a pick and pull yard is not what I consider a good time.

He brought out a cutting torch and just cut off the frame rails of the 79 C20 and loaded it in my truck. He cut the hard lines to the brakes but I am sure I will have to create my own there.

My question is should I do the complete crossmember swap or should I swap the various pieces over to the crossmember on my 65. Which would be easier is what I am asking.

Thanks for all the info that this site provides!