View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #42
capev86

Re: 67-72 before and after pics!

yeah, my 3/4 ton didn't come that way. but my dad's 72 Burb C10 (highlander) had both options. the lights may have been a dealer installed item, but i think they still had a template particular to the burbs. does it say anything about them on the back of the glove box door? i just think a truck looks more rugged with cab lights and my dad's always looked great that way. i saved the lights off his truck and hope to once again have them running with the old family camper in tow. otherwise i wouldn't cut holes in my roof.

as for a 1/2 ton vs 3/4 ton debate...the body is the same size. the sport mirrors are sharp looking, but the heads are just too darn small to see with. the tripods work awesome, but the brackets aren't bulky like camper mirrors (compromise). my dad installed spacers on his truck to make the heads stick out farther. but i wouldn't do that unless i was towing a modern wide body trailer.

thanks for the compliments, you have a nice looking truck also. i agree, the big mirrors and lights would look kinda funny on a lowered truck.

Last edited by capev86; 02-01-2013 at 09:20 PM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote