View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
1969_CM2590D

Cab and bed drain hole locations.

I checked out my truck when I picked it up. The rust situation is excellent, as I thought. It's pretty solid. Just a bunch of surface stuff. But there are a lot of pine needles,. dust, dirt and mud in the nooks and crannies- like behind the cowl vents, So I'ce like to get all that cleaned out and drain holes unplugged before it gets back up here to Saltland. I searched on here and found a guy who had offered quite a bit of information back in 2005 on the drain hole locations and how/what to clean. posted it with many pics as well which he used to explain things.

Unfortunately, the pics do not show up, so his explanations have a few blank spots in them.

So I'd like to know if there is a drawing, diagram, or pictures that have the all the locations in the cab and bed so they can be cleaned and unplugged.

You can get diagrams for other cars. I've got one I used with my '66 Corvair Corsa. Pretty helpful- used to clean it out twice a year.

Since the rust in these trucks is legendary (at least where it rains/snows), maybe a sticky on this subject?

Thanks!

1969 GMC C2500 305E V-6 The Mule
1986 Toyota 4Runner
1959 MG MGA Coupe
1969_CM2590D is offline   Reply With Quote