Thread: 71 Blue Jay
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #46
JamesRKing72

Re: 71 Blue Jay

Well, it's been a busy year. I started working for myself and haven't had time to work on my Blue Jay project till now. Finally, some warm weather...

1. The engine is ready to drop back in, but first...
2. The transmission I think is ok but has been sitting for 20 years without fluid and has two bolt ears broken off, so should probably get another to do a rebuild. (th350)
3. The gas tank looks like a crystal rust cave on the inside so will order a new one of those. Already have a new sending unit.
4. The cab corners and cab supports are pretty rusted and I should probably get someone to fix those up for me...
5. Need my seat recovered, was thinking of just ordering a new cover and putting it on myself, but some of the foam on the drivers side is a bit worn. So don't know if there is a patch or that or if I need all new foam.
6. Still have lots of grinding and painting to do to the frame. I have most of the engine bay done. Would be easy to do frame off but I don't have a big garage for all of that. So it's one section at a time here. Budget it also a big factor here

It's been a busy year starting my business and working for myself but I think it's all coming together, slowly...

Have a good day everyone!

The Blue Jay build thread-
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=516989
JamesRKing72 is offline   Reply With Quote