View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
RoughKuntry

Arrow 1973 3/4 ton GMC 4x4 25HD Restoration Build

Alright guys, Much of you know this truck as Blue Thunder, Let me put it to ya this way she is a monster. Atm she is nothing but Rolling Chassis. Dana 60 FF with 4:56 Gears, The Front Dana 60 Even Has the Appropriate (FMJ) Full Metal Jacket Warn Locking Hubs. NP205 Full Time T-Case, 4 Speed M20 Transmission. I have photos of what My Truck Started Out. I will upload them tomorrow Night, So Stay tune. She has a Stock Lift, with 33's & Original Rims & Hub Caps. I wanted to take this back to the Original Style, However I spoke to The DMV and asked if I could remove the Vin from the Cab and The Loop Hole was if I can prove that the Cab is unsafe. Not to mention If Your Rig Holds Less then 10 Passengers You can Run without Doors, Just Relocate Your Mirrors. I have a Full Custom Roll Cage Ready to protect the Front Clip to the Cab. I am not going to Bob the Bed of the truck Unless I do it my way. Which is a pain in the a**. I am gonna try to upload the Video's of The Tear Down, I have had help from a few friends to remove The Cab & Bed. But other then that All Other Work was Done By Me. I spent maybe 2 yrs already removing rusted or damaged parts from this truck. I just had a great though about letting yall see what she looks like. The Cab & Front Fenders + Hood Are Original to the Early 1973's With Red Primer. The Only Thing that Is not Original to the Truck Is the 1976 Chevy Bed. Which Was Painted Blue after the Primer Was Gray. But Stamped On The Passenger Side under where the Cab Sits is 10/11/72 which states this Truck Is an Early Model 25HD Super Custom. I have dug into the research of the truck enough to know what to do and what not to do. So Sit Back relax and Enjoy The Ride.

-T.Rokk
99 Chevrolet LS 4.8l/5 Speed Manual 4x4 :Selling
88 Chevrolet Burban 2500 4x4 :Buying
RoughKuntry is offline   Reply With Quote