View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #1
es67chevy

Question About Neutral Safety Switch and Van Tilt Column

OK, so I recently discovered my tilt was definitely from a van. I figured that out when reading about neutral safety switches. I've read the FAQ about moving neutral safety switch down the column. I have two questions about my need to do so for those that are in the know for how neutral safety switches work.

1. I shortened my column shaft so now my neutral safety switch location is physically further down the column. What do i need to look for to determine if I still need to move the switch location even further down? In other words, what is the significance of the actual location of the mounting hole? Is it just a clearance issue?

2. The truck did not come with a neutral safety switch so I'm trying to figure out if I have to buy a van neutral safety switch or if I can use one for the truck. i know there is a difference in the plugs, but not sure if there is a diff in functionality. I would rather just buy one for a truck since I have a Painless wiring kit that has adapters designed to plug to a truck's neutral safety switch. I'm just not sure if the truck switch will work in the van column.

Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated.

1967 C10 SWB
383 Stroker/TH400
Brother's One Piece Power Windows
Shaved Doors, Markers, and Bumpers
4/6 Early Classic Drop
Rear Fuel Tank (49-52 Chevy Car Tank)
Surf Blue Paint

Bella Vista, AR (Arkansas for those that get the 'A' states mixed up)

My Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=330869
es67chevy is offline   Reply With Quote