Thread: Posts
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #23
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
See, that's the thing. Every place has a method or system. We have our reasons for doing what we do here and some things may be different from other places. Once you get with how things go it's always better anywhere. Another thing is, it's ok to ask anything here. There are no stupid questions, and no bashers allowed, here. And yet another thing is this place has always been about being helpful to one another and over the years we seem to have gathered among us a group of generally helpful friendly people here (well... there is that XXX character)

So this place is a great resource on the internet that many people continue to find through their searches. We want people to find the info they need. The parts board is more than a classified listing service like Marketplace, Ebay, or Craigslist. I'd say our archives are probably the best source for assessing value of any part or truck on the internet. Members here are looking at all those other resources and bringing that info to this place, where we talk about that stuff.
Bolding mine. That isn't true. It depends on who is saying it and who they are saying it to. If anyone wanted to, they can go look and find that bashing going on. But then it'll boil down to who thinks what bashing actually is, so there's that, like in depending on what a person's "definition of is, is". I had a classic example in a thread I made, but I deleted it to protect the guilty. I truly regret deleting that thread, btw. It would have made great blackmail. It has been awhile since I've seen some bashing, and interestingly enough, it was a moderator going in and modifying the offender's post to remove the bash...and then spank the offender in public.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote