View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 05:33 AM   #110
Green Monster

Re: Headers to 2.5" Ramhorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyrine View Post
I've had 2 1/2 Ram's horns on a 72 Blazer for 15 years.

For those of you with an HEI ignition who want to run factory type plug wires, get a set of plug wires for a 1975 Corvette. That was the first year of HEI and they still utilized Ram's horns manifolds. You can still find the back of the block looms and the looms that bolt to an oil pan bolt. With factory heat shields, your wires will not burn.

Great tip suggesting 75 Corvette plug wires. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavage View Post
Nice "unmod". I'm a firm believer in stock exhaust manifolds for a variety of reasons looks, ease of plug access, less heat in the truck, easier on the starter, etc. With the center dump ram horns, the wires were designed to run underneath along the block and up to the plugs with 90 degree angle boots. Cylinders 1,3 and 2,4 actually come up through in-between the block and motor mount. Run like that with the stock heat shields, they shouldn't burn. One other note, if you are keeping your truck stock, I don't believe that the heat stove sheet metal will fit over the 2 1/2 " exhaust manifolds - you would have to stick with the 2".
Great info here in this old thread but I haven't seen anyone in this thread using a heat stove with the 2.5" center dump ram horn exhaust manifold? What's the best option here for retaining stock appearance while maintaining original function of the intake for cold starts?

Does anyone have experience using the 76-80 Corvette heat stove with 2.5" ram horn manifolds?
https://www.southerncarparts.com/c3-...ield-assy.html

They look similar to original stoves but will our stock heat riser and air cleaner work with the Corvette heat stove?

Also, can 57-79 Corvette spark plugs shields be used?
https://www.southerncarparts.com/195...block-4pc.html
Attached Images

Last edited by Green Monster; 11-28-2020 at 04:37 AM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote