View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #123
jaros44sr

Re: Headers to 2.5" Ramhorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
Great info, Jim. thanks for sharing photos, bolt sizes and your experience.

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you typed "Check your intake manifold gasket you may have blo cked your cross over port"? I'm not sure what the cross over port is or it's function.

That's too bad about the cast iron paint not holding up, I'm sure that was disappointing. Good to know that may not be not a viable option. Hopefully the ceramic does a decent job against corrosion. I haven't seen long term results though but for $200 it was worth a shot.

I may be overthinking this but if ceramic coating reduces the heat transfer and under hood temperatures, as advertised, the combination of ceramic coated exhaust manifolds and heat stove may actually reduce the effectiveness of warming up the carburetor. I will likely be better than running an open air filter element without the stove and riser set up.

On a side note, DeadheadNM mentioend Letric Limited temperature sending units and I had success going this route when I had incorrect readings.

Funny, this unintended project started a few weeks ago when I discovered a hole in my muffler. Instead of just replacing the muffler I saw it as an opportunity to restore the exhaust/cold start intake system. I'm sure you all know how these projects can snowball.

I appreciate your help with identifying the correct parts that go with the ram horn manifolds.
Let me see if I can find a pic of a intake gasket, they used to come with a n aluminum part that you could use to block off the exhaust cross over, or not, give me some time to see what I can dig up

I believe the function was to heat up the area below the carb, for cold starts

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote