View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 07:37 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Sometimes you expect the worst.

Things have changed some and it is now possible to have a DMA clerk who acts human, even can laugh. The DMV experiences I had for many years had me convinced these people were bred for the job. They started out at opening time Monday morning with a stern unfriendly attitude. I've had them get downright nasty with me because the transaction I had spent the entire afternoon going from window to window to get to was taking right up to quitting time to complete. Not after quitting time, just getting close. And the matter I was there to deal with was when I went to turn a set of tags in it turned out they had issued me someone else's tags years before. I couldn't hand them in at my branch, had to run down to the main DMV, all this hassle over "their" mistake I could have gotten in hot water over had I been pulled over and the clerk was treating me like I was ruining his day... Sheesh!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote