View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #7
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Sometimes you expect the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Pleasant visits to the DMV are a rarity I guess. They are all humans too but have to deal with all types of people every day, many testing their patience.
It's been a long running joke that folks at the DMVs must have to possess a certain "attitude" to be hired there. When you walk in you have no idea what their day has been like up to that point. Much like a traffic stop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
I drive 3x as far to the DMV in Searcy (Boog's backyard) rather than use the one here in Beebe. Two old, grouchy ladies here and I've always gotten in and out in Searcy much faster. If any of you have read my story about transferring title on my 67 it was worth the trip that day for sure!
This what I share is for both of you good ol boys from around Searcy Arkansas

I was just 18 years old and went into the DMV with my sister in Searcy Arkansas for License to able me to drive in your great state and as we walked in a guy who was trying to get his CDL license renewed . He said this over and over as he walked out towards the door.. :""I'm rooind ,,,I'm rooind ,,I'm just plain rooind "" To me,,,, hearing this Arky Accent for the first time ,,this much anyways ,, I never forgot it ...

Not making fun of the guy ,,just that I never heard the south accent like that before and thats after having two sisters marry two good ol boys from Arkansas

I left and went back to Possum Grape where I staying with my sis by a little old store along the highway there and working at a rock crusher up on a mountain .

Sorry every one ,,just had a an old memory come to life ..