View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Rokcrln

LFD's gas pedal adapters (71-72 gas pedals in 67-70's)

LFD's

Gas pedal adapters for 67-70 chevy's

Like most of us with 67-70's the one down fall is the gas pedal linkage rods. I personally had had a few over the years that have self accelerated when the motor would lift as the chassis flexed, not real fun. So over the years I always like to install the 71-72 cable style gas pedal and now you can too as a bolt in unit! All you need to supply is the 71-72 gas pedal and what ever kind of cable that best suits your needs. Wether it is a stock SB,BB with a carb or a newer LT1,LSX style with injection this is the way to go. It gives more room behind the motor and cleans up the fire wall at the same time. This kit is designed to allow you to fill the 3 bolt holes in the firewall were the old pedal mounted and still use the weld nuts on the inside of the fire wall for the new mount plate. All you have to do is drill one hole for the cable to exit and hit the road. Install time is approximately 1-2 hours depending on how well you bend under the dash. If the engine bay is empty figure on 30 mins and you will be done.

Here are a few pics with the 71-72 set up in a 68 that I did for a customer who wanted everything cleaned up and wanted the safer cable style linkage at the same time.

The adapter kit includes the adapter plate, hardware and instructions. The price shipped in the USA is $35 total (this includes shipping and tax)

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Lines up with the stock location of the floor mounted pedal.
[IMG][/IMG]

Can be sued with the stock 71-72 cable.
[IMG][/IMG]

Notice the mounting holes are gone!
[IMG][/IMG]

A few minutes with a 1/2" drill and a small flat file and you are ready to go. Note a lot of the newer cables just use a round hole so it is even less work but the square hole only took about 5 minutes once the 1/2" hole was drilled.
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is my 70 SWB LowBuck with a 92 LT1 and my pedal conversion with over 16,000 miles so far.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 70LonghornCST; 04-07-2015 at 06:04 PM. Reason: removal of paypal link; member not currently subscribed