View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #4675
Bennett68C10

Re: How about some pics of 67-72 Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevytom7267 View Post
I tried something different & started a photobucket account to show the progress of the restoration of my 1972 Chevy short bed Highlander Big block truck. I think the link below will take you there. This truck was purchased for the original owner that used it on a farm in Little Rock Arkansas. I got it in 1997 & once I paid for it & arranged for transport, a tornado ripped through the town narrowly missing the truck. About a year after I bought it, In a moment of weakness & financial distress, I sold it to a local here in Mays Landing NJ. I regretted it afterwords & all my friends & family thought I was crazy to let such a rare truck with so many options go. I kept in touch with new owner & he promised to give me first dibs on the truck if he ever decided to re sell it some day. Well folks, luck came my way when the gentleman called me up one day in August of 2006 (nine years later) & said he had lost interest in the truck & planned to move to Florida. He said the only stipulation was he wanted exactly what he had in it back. I was not sure I could afford it since I learned he had the engine totally rebuilt & also purchased numerous parts for it too. Well folks, here it is, we made a deal & I have slowly restoring it. Hopefully will be finished by Mid summer of 2012. I have had some inquirers about whether or not I would sell it? Ha, not sure, but with what our current Governor (Chris Christie) has done to me & the rest of the State employees I m ay be forced to sell it! Enjoy the pics! Tom

http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u363/tomjoanne4888/
Welcome from a fellow Jersey member and State employee. Nice looking truck, good luck with the resto
Posted via Mobile Device

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10