View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 11:41 PM   #2277
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
I had those APR GT3 mirrors on a RX7 last year. They look sweet....just hope you never need to use them in any functional way lol.
That's so true! I ended up mounting them on the door skin instead of the window corner because I couldn't get them positioned where you could see all of the mirror. I was losing about a quarter of the view and they're so small I figured I needed every bit of them. Safety over style for a change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
It's been too long since I've been on the forum, I had some suggestions for you on the window trim and the brakes, but everyone else has already said them, and you've pretty much figured it out. That's why this forum is so great! So many members willing to help out when they can.

Oh, to add to the window trim info, I've found out the '70 and older stuff is the better windshield stainless. The tab is centered in the gasket, not just deeper. The '71 & '72 trim has an offset and shallower tab, and my glass guy swears they are a pain in the rear to get seated properly. And he told me if I bought aftermarket stuff he wouldn't touch it. I haven't had him install my trim yet though. I need a new windshield first. I'm just enjoying driving it too much to pull it apart again.
Amen to that, Duane. I've decided to forego the stainless trim since I'd be using aftermarket and I don't need the headache.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Glad to hear you got the brakes bled and solved the leak issue, hope it doesn’t spring any leaks when you get to shake down.
Me too, Scott, but if it does, I'll use a bigger wrench... or vise grips.

Kathy and I went to the trim shop today to get an appointment to do the interior. Figured it might be awhile since he always seems busy, but we caught him in a slow stretch. We'll be dropping it off on Friday. I have a few things I need to do first, so that should give me just enough time. I've already lined up a roll back to transport it. They'll be doing the carpet, door panels, kick panels, headliner, subwoofer box, and console. Plus they'll remove the headrest hardware from the seats and sew in new panels. This will definitely accelerate my schedule!
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote