View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #6
kipps

Re: Need a SPDT brake switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmerf View Post
Cruise control needs to release when you press in the clutch. I see a cruise control release switch on rock auto. I would think this would be mounted on the clutch pedal.

There is also a clutch safety switch, but it looks different, so I am not sure how it mounts.
I'm using a hybrid between a 2010 Tahoe and a 2010 Camaro computer system. The Camaro is expecting a three-wire hall-effect sensor for the clutch. This will be used for cruise cancel within the ECM, and I think there's several coast-down tables specifically related to a depressed clutch pedal. Since I'm not intending to crank the engine through the BCM and ECM, The ECM will not prevent me from cranking without pressing the clutch. For that, I'll have to retain a stock '87 clutch switch.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote