Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 10:50 AM   #149
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Been a long and uphill battle to get these Disc brakes done.
The free master cylinder booster fit like $hit so we needed to get another one. The calipers and the rest all just bolted right on but in the process we are switching to 5 lug so that meant new rear axles. If you are going to have the axles out might as well put that Posi-traction unit in there. Change all the bearings and make it all correct...…...SHEEEEZ! this just never stops with this ol' girl..... So the old 6 lug wheels which have about 50 miles on them have to come off and need a new home. That leaves us with looking for a new wheel that will fit the ol'school hot rod look (no big wheels) and also use the existing tires we already have (50 miles on them)… After going through pages and pages of wheel and tire threads here on the forum I noticed a certain pattern. When someone starts a wheel and tire thread (they are asking for what will fit) Most people show a pic of their truck and say "here's mine" no specs given. then 5 guys all chime in about how great it looks and ask the same thing.. What size? what brand?. It takes an act of the good lord to get a response from the poster to say "there blah blah on blah blah" And then 10 posts later its the same except the next guy says that he used blah blah but instead he used this and that and then he is lifted with this and his buddies grandmas uncles cousin used this and its on a corvette and here's a pic.... Not complaining because its very entertaining but really it makes these threads long and virtually useless. Much like the dribble I am spewing out now....LOL Oh well we are nearing the end of the new to me Drop spindles, CPP Disc brake, New rear axles /bearings and seals, Auburn Posi traction, Front springs, Tie rods, Upper "A" arms, upper and lower Ball joints, Control arm shafts and bushings, Custom Brake lines, CPP Power steering box, Captain Fab PS mount, CPP Hydra booster W/ master cylinder /proportioning valve, New wheel install. PHEW! that's a load I tell you..... I will upload a bunch of pictures soon. Fingers crossed that the wheels and tires fit.... Measured 20 times and laid it out but might have made it a lil bit too close, we shall see soon enough. Cutting wheel and hammer are in the wings warmed up just in case... Should have her all wrapped up this weekend and ready for an alignment next week, Then its off for a lil pin striping and some door art. Only two weeks left till the C10 intervention in Auburn California, so we need a few things to go right or we will be going without "Ol'Skool" C-ya

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote