View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #129
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: MY 1971 Jimmy Build Thread

Doing good. The tailgate looks great. The weather up here is about the same, but maybe warmer. Heat index was about 105 today, dew point 70. I didn't spend much time out there either.

As far as painting goes, I decided to let the body shop do my truck paint. The process for my C-10 is this:

They painted and cleared the inside of the fenders and hood, then set aside.

They have the inside of the cab sanded, the jambs, the firewall, the windshield frame, the insides of the doors (they are mounted btw) and the door window frames.

They are taping off the cab top, door outer skins and the back of the cab, using the rain gutter as the tape line.

They figure they can spray the a pillar and door hinges pretty well like this. Next will be me getting the radiator support painted black (along with the battery tray and inner fenders). Then we will mount the fenders and hood and they will finish sanding the outside and spray all of that.

The bed is in the garage where I am taking care of some issues inside the bed, such as rust holes in the floor and building the gas filler. Once the cab and front clip are painted, we'll load the bed up and it will get sprayed, then set back on the frame and we'll call the paint done at that point outside of the wet sanding and polishing. Hoping to see paint inside the cab and firewall yet this week and I'm having issues waiting for that moment.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 06-07-2011 at 12:05 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote