View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
sick472

Re: Classic Car Insurance for a Daily Driver?

American Family is who I use. I have also used State Farm for my old cars in the past. No complaints against either company. Both would cover my cars for an appraised amount. I think it is all considered regular car insurance just with an upfront agreed upon amount. I get full coverage, middle of the road liability and that's it. No mileage requirements. It does not get cheaper in the winter while it sits, I just pay all year long and can enjoy it on a warm December day when I choose. I asked about just dropping the insurance in the winter to just collision and it was only a couple dollars less a month so I just keep in fully insured. I think I pay about $500 a year for a car appraised at $60K and I put about 5000 mile on it a year with a $500 deductible.

American Family has proper insurance for classics.

There are special insurance classes for cars with historical plates here in Missouri. Historical plates restrict the car to 1000 miles (I believe) which makes the insurance a lot less, but I put a few thousand on my classics per year and just suck it up.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote