View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #89
Pro Performance

Re: Pro Performance: C1500 RCSB Build

They did all the prepping, sanding, masking & primer. They masked Ok and some areas that could have done better, but had to consider the cost of the job, and be reasonable on my expectations. They even pulled the bed completely off to get all behind the cab and front of bed at no charge. The jambs were extra and surprisingly they sprayed all under the hood which I wasn't expecting. They did not have to spray the engine bay (just hood jambs), since I sprayed that all black previously.

The clear was peeling on the truck. They DA'd the whole thing, primed the complete truck, did final blocking on the tailgate and roll pan, painted all jambs.... for $3,200. That included the extra booth time they charged me for having some small pieces removed from the truck. Like the grille, handles, mirrors, etc. Would have been just under $3,000 without the final blocking on the tailgate and roll pan. This is a 2-stage base/clear paint as well.

I priced it out with some other companies, and paint is not cheap. Of course, I understand you do get what you pay for. I just couldn't justify a $8,000 paint job on this truck. Paint is expensive, and rightfully so when you consider all the time in blocking, gapping, for a high quality show paint job. Best of all, they did this all in 2 weeks, and can't beat that.
Pro Performance is offline   Reply With Quote