Old 12-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #12
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Volt Gauge Conversion Kits

[quote=leddzepp;6970692]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1964 View Post
Hi Scott,

Yes and no. First think of the amp gauge as a completely separate function than the other gauges. You have 2 wires in the cluster connector that power the amp gauge. One in the #1 terminal and one in the #12 terminal. These need to be added to the harness for a non gauge harness to work with a gauge cluster. I have always suggested that a person run the wiring just like factory with the 4 amp fuses in line as well.

Exactly...since the ammeter is independent, Do you still need to do this step if you run a volt meter instead?

The rest of the process is just a matter of switching pins around in the plug it looks like.

Thanks for your info and Merry Christmas as well!
No sir,

The volt gauge only needs a power and ground to work. That power and ground can come from anywhere but it is easiest to get right next door at the temp gauge as shown in my photo.

I suggest those who have a existing amp gauge, remove power from the circuit board by what ever method they see best in there situation.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote