View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #34
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: 1972 Medium Blue Highlander Blazer Resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rippen6 View Post
I'm along for the ride. I have seen both types of hinge seals also but never really tried to figure it out. It would be interesting to know if the hinge bolt covers with the bent lips is only on one or the other also. I wonder if it is a single wall double wall think.
Dwayne - it's a mix, I have 2x wall examples here that use both styles (one each) but the 1x wall tops here (total two) only use those affixed with screws. The hinge covers with the screws are present on both the hatch and the top ends. I like the clean look of the rubber hinge covers. Am curious what's available aftermarket as a hinge cover replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
I love the quirks. I wouldn't try and "correct" them either. Put it back like she came. I think you can find a truck to justify all four combinations of carpet strip installations from the factory. I think they used what they had. As a rule I love Midnight or Daytona Blue on Chevrolet trucks, but it's nice to see that Hawaiian starting to peek back through.

Great info on the OEM/NOS parts Pete. You are always blazing the trail. This is the perfect vehicle for you.

Can't wait for what's ahead.

P.S. The dash inspection tag is neat too. My brother was born the day before.
Thanks Brad! I'm reminded of the sleuthing that went into determining the build month for your Blazer. Am sure enough that this K5 is a February build that I've got a blue door VIN tag from Jeff on the way. Another quirk - there is only a high note horn, the low note and pigtail are either missing or were never installed. I don't see evidence that the low note horn was ever installed and a CST should have dual horns. The high note at least works. I wonder if there if there was a big difference in quality control between St. Louis and Flint?

I removed the fuel tank, front bumper, and and the inner fenders. Thank goodness for PB blaster and an impact wrench. The front wheel studs/lug nuts differ in size left to right.

Posting misc pics of the fuel tank, fuel lines, and attachment hardware for reference. The tank is in great shape - not sure if OEM but has a stamped circle surrounding a big letter "A" on the top (hard to photograph).
Attached Images

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote