Thread: PO has me PO'd
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #1292
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
It's still wacked alittle, but after Kurt and I discussed it and with his measurements we're pretty confident where the trouble lies. You have to remember I had no physical metal to reference off of, so when I hung the cowl off of the rafters I added one more click on the ratchet strap(thinking there would be inherent sag),but there wasn't any. Also, I built it without the front fenders on it, there in lays the problem. I had three sides that looked great and thought that would be enuff. So, by added the the fourth line(front fender) it wacked it out by a 1/2"

Adding the 1/2 top only proved my problem, as it sits 1/2" back towards the rear of the truck only on the passenger side, sooooo, lowering the "A" post patch panel, rocker backing plate, floor or all of the above should resolve the SNAFU. AND bring the half top forward the needed demension. Just gotta figure out what moves what where, and by how much...seems simple in theory lol

I don't know exactly what you did so far, so it would be hard to give you an exact answer, only tips on where the problem may lie. Post up specific problem areas and I'm sure we all can come up with an answer
I'll do that! It probably won't get to be in the spring once we go into the yards though. Ship schedule is haze grey and underway til then. Might get a little bit done to the windshield and the side marker lights over the holidays, but I think I'll be spending most of my time driving my new Camaro.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote