Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #191
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMy65 View Post
Looks like you're making some nice progress.
Mine has been just sitting.
First on my list is to get that same area fixed.
Was it difficult to get things lined back up?
Sorry I haven't updated lately, I've had a lot going on at work. The donor air box on mine lined right up with no problems. I got it to where it looked right and put down a couple of spot welds. I checked the alignment with the fender extension and it aligned right up so I finished tacking it in.

Even though I haven't posted in a while, I have been getting some things done. After all the floor patching I decided I needed to step away from the metal work for a bit and do something mechanical. I decided to get the brakes finished up and get my brake lines ran and some other misc. stuff.
I realized after I had my new 5 lug axles made up that I had had them made with the center hub the same as the 6 lug axles instead of the smaller diameter of the 5 lug axles. Rookie mistake: dohh: So I took them back out and had the machine shop turn them down. The next thing is to get the brake lines ordered and installed and get the front calipers, etc. installed. And also finish up the emergency cables as far as I can with the body off. Luckily, the cables are all in excellent condition so I'm bead blasting them and WD40ing them to freshen them up. I just slipped the drums on to check them out. I still need to clean the packing stuff off of them and then paint them.

I also got my bead blast cabinet finished and I've been blasting the crap out of a lot of small parts laying around and also the emergency brake hardware to do my brakes.

Here are a few pics of what I've accomplished lately:
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote