View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 01:37 AM   #514
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Is this 'pad knockback' something you have experienced with your rear disc brakes? Did you purchase a set of these D52 brackets from me?

The D52 calipers are not solidly bolted to the caliper bracket. They do slide on the 'bolts' that connect them to the caliper bracket. Yes the axles in a semi floating differential do have some lateral movement. In a differential that is in good condition, that movement should be minimal. I have not had one complaint regarding 'pad knockback' from any of my 100+ customers that have bought any of my rear disc brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakarjax View Post
This is when the rotor deflects slightly, pushing the pad and piston in with it -- the result is less braking power until the brakes are actuated again. This site does a good job explaining but seems to be missing illustrations:
http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su.../pad-knockback

On full-floating rears this isn't an issue, but with our 12 bolts there's some axle endplay that causes pad knockback. Floating calipers get around this with the ability to move with the hub. Fixed calipers like these do not. An alternative solution although not 100% effective is to use c-clip eliminators which hold the axle in place to a much greater degree.

So I guess the answer is that these calipers are ok if you are running c-clip eliminators.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote