View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 05:49 PM   #9
Chaparralman1974

Re: 1967 Chevy 327 Alternator Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Here is the best photo I got from my setup, which I have to believe is stock as everything else under the hood was when I go the truck.

The lower bracket does connect to the water pump with a stud and my digital caliper showed 0.214" from water pump face to backside of bracket. The alternator belt looks like it is not running square but I think that is just an oddity of the angle of the photo. I've driven this truck over 3000 miles since getting it running with this setup.

You will also notice my truck has power steering. That was a recent addition with and Alan Grove power steering pump bracket and add on crank pulley. I'd recommend Alan Grove as everything fit like a champ.

If you need more measurements, let me know.

Thank you much!!! This helps a ton! I also found a water pump stud in my spare parts can....I don't know where it came from but it measures what you have verified.

If you don't mind, can you tell me if there is any kind of washer or spacer or anything that sits in between the bracket that bolts to the manifold and the alternator itself? This is on the lower alternator mount where it bolts into the boss that is part of the casting on the manifold. I think that the alternator just goes in between the bracket and the cast iron of the manifold boss, but wanted to verify.

Thanks, Clay
Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote