Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
beaterku

1972 SWB Build - RideTech/Wilwood/Leaf to Coil conversion

In an effort to clean up the previous thread I created and broken links, I decided to start a proper build thread. Progress is slow as I have a 3 year old and a newborn at home while working 50-60hr weeks. It will get there someday…
I have been quietly lurking the boards and gathering information for my truck over the last year. I have only posted a few times. I thought I would share my truck and the slow progress. My wife and I had been on the hunt for a 67-72 SWB for several years. She was a little more open to years as her grandpa had a 57 LWB on the farm. We looked at every truck that came across craigslist and word of mount, and never could find exactly what we were looking for. They were either more projects that I wanted to take on or too much money. I found one in Fort Worth that was a really solid truck but after much thought, I decided it was a little more work than I wanted at that point. So we pressed on, looking on and off for another year. A buddy of mine from DFW called up and said a buddy of his is looking to sell his 72. He sent over the pictures and I made a call to see what the truck was all about. I decided to take a chance and hopped on a plane that weekend...
A few beers later at my first crawfish boil, I owned it. It’s a 72 Custom Deluxe. Fairly low optioned, with the factory leaf option. A great starting point.
Attached Images

Last edited by beaterku; 04-06-2018 at 08:57 AM.
beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote