Old 11-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #119
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
Self leveling seam sealer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett68C10 View Post
Nice job on the cab repair. I love the new wheels and that grabber blue paint will look awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Great work! I also struggled with the drivers side rocker panel, had to cut it up just like you did to make it fit.

What seam sealer did you use in the drip rail? I need to do my jimmy.

Thanks, Rg
Thank you.

I used self leveling the second go around, 3m 08307 to be specific. I jacked the cab up with a floor jack so it was pretty close to level as that drip rail has a slope to it. On the sides above the doors where it curves down and goes vertical I used 3m 08308 but 8308 is a PIA to work with. One thing that really helped me with 8308 specifically was using a bondo spreader cut to fit and rounded to smooth the 8308. Using my finger didnt work that good with it. The 8307 you can just let do its thing if you have it level, I did have to do a little sanding on it but not much where my two halves met up in the middle of the rail.

I cant wait to spray some grabber blue, everyday I get a little bit closer. Featherfill on the firewall, and the rest of the cab got a coat of SPI 2k regular build. I had some spray gun issues so that didnt go as planned on the outside, inside turned out good so Ill just do an extra session of blocking on the outside if need be.

Spray guns are worth there weight in gold. Im using just a cheap gun for build primer, but I spent some money and bought an Iwata LPH400LV for epoxy and base/clear. Ive only sprayed some epoxy with it, but man, compared to my original base/clear gun which was also just a cheapie, it is no comparison. Every time I use it I love the results, it makes it just that much easier to spray nice.
Attached Images

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote