View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #10
J3rm0ff

Re: 72 Swb starting from the bottom

I got a front and rear rotor from a srt8 jeep and I think I'm going to go with them. They are the same bolt pattern so I'll only have to bore out the hub ID. They are the same thickness and diameter as the camaro ss rotors.

I got one slam specialties ss7 bag so that I could use it for mockup purposes and not have to take the hit of all 4 at once I have brackets for the front bag brackets on the way and some material on the way to make rear plates.

I got the front crossmember removed still need to sandblast it. Control arms Are sandblasted and stripped down ready to paint. I've got one trailing arm stitch welded. Need to finish the other one and prep them for paint.

Tore the 6.0 down that I got from the 2500hd and it doesn't look to promising internally so it will be going to the machine shop for cleaning and new bearings. And on that note i picked up a poor condition 6.0 to use to mockup everything while the other one gets rebuilt.

Found a set of used up and forward turbo manifolds. Really hoping to use them down and forward but we will see how that plays out.

Ordered a set of 3/4 ton squarebody frame stands and clamshells to use with dirty dingo sliders. That motor mount design seems a lot more stout then the earlier design.

Been going down to my dads to work on the body panels when I get extra time on the weekends. Trying to prep everything to get in epoxy primer then I'll bring it back up to my house. Really happy with the condition of the metal. The bed is virtually rust free. I am still on the hunt for a 67/68 front clip.
Attached Images

J3rm0ff is offline   Reply With Quote