View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
CEE1NG_RED

Re: ...forgetful me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68gmsee View Post
...that explains why there's a leak still. I guess, I'll just save up for a better trans. pan and dipstick tube while I'm at it if I'm going to take out the pan again. From my prior memory, the trans. inner is compact already...so I'm not quite too sure how I'll be able to put in the Lokar trans dipstick lock version. ;T

I'm confused too... You lost me on the above info. Exactly which gasket was stuck to the box. There's no way the big pan gasket would have been missed. And the small one wouldn't cause an external leak. You may have overtightened the bolts or have some other issues.

Now, if you mean the smaller one that goes with the filter than it's possible unfiltered fluid will get into the transmission if it's not a tight fit. Personally, I would bite the bullet and install the gasket. Why take a chance.

...it's the smaller one that goes with the filter. Leak is not as bad, only after driving. If, I can't fix this leak...I'll have to take it to a mechanic that has a cherry picker and other tools that I don't have. Could it be that we did not use brake cleaner to clean the pan and bottom trans where it connects to? We just wiped it down good then applied gray RTV silicone on both sides of the big gasket that mounts the pan to the transmission bottom. This freak'n blows!!!

Also, may it be a warped pan?? It seemed straight, but who knows?? Sucks big time man!
- 2003 Ford SVT Cobra "Terminator" 281 (Once in a blue moon driver/weekend driver)
CEE1NG_RED is offline   Reply With Quote