Thread: Mulk's 8-Lugger
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #10
Mulk

Re: Mulk's 8-Lugger

So after a few hundred miles on the new springs, I noticed the ride out back was pretty harsh. Almost like riding my old rigid bobber. Well it seems the springs had settled, and I was literally riding on the bump-stops.

I decided it was time to get off my lazy butt, and install the c-notch kit I bought. Needless to say, the instructions left something to be desired. So I figured I would take some photos along the way, and post a step-by-step, in case somebody wanted to see what they would be in for prior to starting.

I chose the drivers side because it actually entailed more work due to the track-bar mount.... Plus I practiced on the passenger side first, so I didn't add extra steps that weren't necessary (and there were plenty)...

No the 1st photo isn't a Ryobi plug. Just the power tools that came-in handy during the process. Notice the wire cup-wheel on the angle grinder. VERY nice for removing 42 years of grime.

The 2nd photo shows (kinda) the rivets you need to remove. There are 11 total on the drivers side (6 on side of frame, 5 on bottom)

3rd is where I drilled the 3 rivets that held on the bump-stop mount. The others I used a cut-off wheel on the angle grinder first, then they had to be partially drilled before you could knock them out.
Attached Images

Mulk is offline   Reply With Quote