View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:20 AM   #482
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Thanks! The Kugel pedal assembly worked out great and I'm glad I used it. It has great brakes with the 8" dual power booster, and the pedal swing ratios feel just right. The place that I had do the media blasting on everything is who sprayed the aircraft primer. They have contracts with local aircraft companies, so they use it regularly. It is very strong and durable, chemicals won't mess it up, etc. One thing to keep in mind though, is that it has a respiratory hazard when sanding/body working it. Make sure to use a filter mask when doing anything with it. I had them spray it on my bare metal to protect it until I can get it body worked and painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71'tahoe View Post
Wow! What an amazing ans inspiring build! It took me 2 days of on and off reading to go through this whole thread! Thanks for all the information. I will be looking into the Kugel Komponents pedal set up as well as the New Port Engineering wiper kit for my 58' truck.
I have been wanting to start another project with a 56' cab I have and build a 4x4 but use a utility bed so I can have a service truck for my my farm/transportation business'.

A couple questions for you. Where did you purchase the Aviation primer? Is it more durable than automotive primer? I've been painting for several years and have never thought of aviation primers.