View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 02:15 PM   #64
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: 67 GMC 1500 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Hey Cort. It's looking like a whole different truck.
On your condenser, where did you get it and is it the updated crossflow unit or a stock replacement? And the drier is for R134? I read that the drier desiccant is different too. Also how did you go about testing and setting your poa valve?
Hey Boog,

The condenser is a stock unit from LMC. Basically a direct fit. The filter drier is from Rockauto P/N 33215 (FourSeasons) and is compatible with R12 and R134.

As for setting the POA, with the expansion valve removed, I injected air pressure into the evaporator at this fitting. I had the low pressure gauge hooked up to the low pressure port on the POA. I injected air and watched my gauge settle out at 29-30, which is the factory setting. You should hear the POA seat/unseat. I then loosened the locknut inside the POA (have to remove suction line from POA to get to this) and used, I think, a 7/32 socket to adjust the set screw. I believe I turned it counter clockwise, but I can't remember. Then I reset locknut and tested with air pressure. It's kind of tedious, but you have to keep fiddling with setting the locknut and also not move your new setting of 26 psi. Once you get her locked down at 26 psi, put her back together!
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote